BMS Reset Procedure
From Unofficial Zero Manual
Revision as of 06:00, 8 July 2018 by BrianTRice (extracted BMS Reset from manual)
- Key the bike off and unplug it from charging.
- Wait for the contactor to click open.
- 2015+: Uncover the upper rubber pad on the front of the battery case.
- The upper window reveals a string of small LEDs: one red on the left followed by four green.
- They'll indicate charge level when the bike is keyed off.
- Uncover the lower rubber pad on the front of the battery case.
- The lower pad covers a white plastic port coated in dielectric grease.
- Above that port are two small micro-switch buttons which are the reset buttons.
- Press to reset
- 2015+: The button on the left as you face performs a hardware reset. The right button performs a software reset.
- 2013-2014: There is only one reset button above the plastic port which performs a hardware reset.
- 2015+: Take a pen (say) and depress the (right) software reset button for a few seconds and then release.
- Expect the BMS indicating LEDs to go dark while the button is depressed and then turn on again when release.
- The lights should stabilize after an initial startup sequence for a few seconds.
- Check whether the error code is clear by keying on the vehicle or whatever is appropriate.
- If the error is still present, try the hardware reset button (left on 2015+) in the same way.
- 2015: If the error is still present after a hardware reset, try both at the same time.
- Replace both pads.