Fork Oil Change and Spring Replacement
From Unofficial Zero Manual
Revision as of 08:10, 16 July 2018 by BrianTRice (Created page with "<onlyinclude> ;Fork Oil Level Note: : Measure from outer tube end to oil surface (Condition: spring, spring joint, spring collar, seat rubber, slider, fork bolt are removed a...")
- Fork Oil Level Note
- Measure from outer tube end to oil surface (Condition: spring, spring joint, spring collar, seat rubber, slider, fork bolt are removed and dust seal touches axle holder)
- 7mm Allen wrench for riser bolts.
- Put the motorcycle on a stand.
- Remove the risers and handlebars using a 7mm Allen wrench.
- Loosen the fork caps, front axle, and brake caliper bolts while the front wheel is on the ground.
- Fork cap / spring removal...
- Oil change...
- Fork spring / cap replacement...
|Handlebar clamps||15 ft/lb||M8|
|Handlebar risers||25 ft/lb||M10|
|Triple clamps (all)||15 ft/lb||M8|
|Fork caps||15 ft/lb||M46|
|F caliper bolts||18 ft/lb||M8|
|F axle end cap||15 ft/lb||M8|
|F Axle clamps||9 ft/lb||M6|