From Unofficial Zero Manual
Revision as of 18:32, 9 August 2018 by BrianTRice
This covers using a front stand on a Zero.
- Generally, using a center Lift will be more straightforward.
- When To Use
- A front stand is the easiest way to:
- Spool Stands
- The Zero does not offer axle attachment points for spools for a front stand.
- Steering Head Pin Stands
- 2014+ models(?) have a steering pin diameter of 5/8".
- 2012-2013 Zero models have an 8mm diameter (from a 2013 Zero S report and some checking around), with no vendor match.
- The DS/DSR/FX models' high front fender must be removed (or drilled through) to use a pin for the front steering head.
- Confirmed fits
- Pit Bull offers Pin #7, Front to fit the 5/8" steering pin diameter.
- Pit Bull Hybrid Dual Lift Stand Zero S/SR/DS/FX (Order should automatically include pin #7).
- Verify your steering stem before ordering.
- Front Stand Chart.
|Years||Platform||Front Pin||Rear Pin||Rear Supports||Restraint|
|2013||S & X||None! (8mm ⌀)||Pin Fitting Only - Zero Motorcycles (Axle: 23-04736)||Trailer Restraint System - Zero Motorcycles (Axle: 23-04736)|
|2014||Pin #7, Front|
|2015+||Pin Fitting Only - Zero Motorcycles (Axle: 23-08032)||Trailer Restraint System - Zero Motorcycles (Axle: 23-08032)|