Difference between revisions of "Happy Trails SU Side Rack Install"
From Unofficial Zero Manual
(create Happy Trails install procedure page)
Revision as of 20:49, 2 July 2018
This guides the installation of the Happy Trails SU side rack on an S or DS model.
- Fitted for a 2015 DS originally.
- Happy Trails entry on our Aftermarket page
- Happy Trails' own install instructions, good on their own
- Happy Trails' Zero SU product page
- It is sturdy as a tank, off the bike and on; it becomes practically a part of the bike.
- The tabs didn't seem to be welded all at the same angles and some of the "flat" plates were curved.
- The spacer going through the stock rack does not go through at a perpendicular angle to the frame.
- I had to remove the rack, then install the spacer / screw separately of the frame to get the spacer to squish into place.
- Even then, I doubt it bottomed out.
- The slots cut in the rack for back bar are barely enough; at first I thought it would never go on.
- The givi rack adapter instructions step 2 doesn't mention the bolts being used come from the givi pack; this caused confusion at first.
- One of the plates my givi case had a hard time installing; the other was just tight but "snapped" into place.
- (How many parts) Describe each part.
- See Happy Trails' instructions PDF above
- Remove the side plastics for access to the passenger peg mount bolts.
- Remove the rear fender via loosening the mount bolts.
- Attach the fender under-fender tab with the spacers.
- Install the left passenger peg tab.
- Install the right passenger peg tab.
- Attach the rack via the seat mount bolt.
- Attach the rear bar to the ends of the brackets.