From Unofficial Zero Manual
Revision as of 21:17, 23 June 2020 by BrianTRice (list subpages)
- Pre-2015 (Gen1) Zeros use an angular mirror with a ball mount joint that allows rotating the mirrors 360 degrees.
- Many riders turn the mirrors upside down for a little wider visibility around the shoulder/arms.
- 2015+ (Gen2 and Gen3) Zeros use a mirror stalk with an inboard ball mount with about 30 degrees of freedom from the stalk.
- Zero mirrors are mounted from the handlebars with Yamaha/Ducati-style bolt fitting.
- The bolt/thread specification is M10x1.25, left-hand-threaded on the right side and standard right-hand-threaded on the left side.
- (pre-2015) Check that the set screw holding mirror position holds it firmly.
- Use a corrosion inhibitor or thread-locker for the set screws and the mount threading since these are weather-exposed.
See Third-Party Mirrors for workable/tested replacements.