SDS Platform/Belly Pan
From Unofficial Zero Manual
The Belly Pan AKA Skid Plate covers the onboard charger and is metallic on the DS/DSR and a very hard ABS plastic on the S/SR models.
Both variants are sturdy enough to support the bike on a centerlift.
- S/SR: Hard plastic, part 24-07746.
- DS/DSR: Aluminum alloy 5052-H32, part 26-08051 (was 20-05126).
- 20.5in length from forward bevel lip to trailing edge below the motor.
- 14.5in length along the flat base.
- 2.25in length along forward bevel.
- 10.25in width at the vertical outside face.
- 11 15/16in width edge to edge.
- 2.5in height from frame-facing edge to the bottom edge (not counting louver overhang).
- 1in height 45° bevel.
- 3mm thick for the DS/DSR metallic pan.
- Drop bar Mounts
- 2× holes per side for M6 bolts, 45mm center-to-center forward to aft.
- Fastened by 8 M5×16-8.8 button head bolts, 4 per side.
- Forward corner bolts fasten into corner brackets (part 20-05307) that extend the lower frame square tubing.
- Video Guide
- How to Remove the Zero's Onboard Charger by NewZeroLand on YouTube from the beginning to 2 minutes in shows very clearly how to remove the pan from a Zero SR.
- 3mm Allen key.
- (Optional) Place the bike upright on a front wheel stand if a vertical drop of the pan is suitable.
- Loosen each of the 8 bolts retaining the belly pan (4 per side), without removing.
- Remove each fastener in some suitable rotation so the pan isn't temporarily left dangling by one fastener.
- The pan is lightweight and can be manually suspended if convenient, or use a lift to catch the pan and lower it.
- Set the bolts aside with the pan for replacement later.