SDS Platform/Monolith Removal
From Unofficial Zero Manual
- This is very involved, only suitable for a dealer or experienced electrical engineer equipped with a hoist, because the frame must be lifted vertically off of the battery, and the battery must be electrically detached from the systems safely.
- There is also almost no realistic reason to do this for a battery under warrantee.
- These are a rough sketch of the process.
- Remove the belly pan and onboard charger.
- Disconnect all cables leading to the battery.
- Disconnect the grounding strap to the Y-shaped underseat frame piece.
- Place the motorcycle on a center lift that can balance the battery on its own.
- Harness the frame into a hoist and put some of the load onto that hoist.
- The hoist should be rated to lift the bike's weight entirely.
- (Possibly) remove the front wheel and/or forks.
- (Possibly) remove the rear wheel and/or swingarm.
- Use an allen key wrench to remove the 2 bolts on each side of the lower battery mount (4 total).
- Lift the frame.