Topics for consideration...
- A shop with affiliated links to useful tools and equipment
- An Youtube channel effort or branding strategy for subscriber revenue.
- Contributions here and follow-through may keep the site funded.
- Further on perhaps expand "Zeromanual" to a wider concept of not just Zero Motorcycles, but other makes of technical machines that are missing a manual.
Offline / Mobile Access
Some way to export or cache the wiki offline to use while in a garage or on a trip.
MediaWiki has tools to support this but they require the VisualEditor plugin, which the site administrator has had trouble installing.
- Full server-side backups of the wiki, distributed to at least a few technically capable minders.
- Pictures and media and re-usability of written guides via hyperlinking are critically important to be preserved and you just don't get a complete view of that from spider-ing the site for client side archival.
- Refresh the website logo image.
- suggest something like a bookshelf of hard copy manuals with one space missing and a computer mouse pointer hovering over the empty space.
- Our own policy for recognizing the photographers and sources of information
- Style guidelines for how to reference things like fasteners and common procedures to be referenced elsewhere on the site.
- When is it appropriate to link off-site (say, to EMF) and when should outside information instead be absorbed into the wiki.
Not charging 2016 Zero FXS
Did a creek crossing - water below pegs, splash over boots. rode for another 50+miles - no problems. Batteries at 17%. Plugged in that night charged to 50%. Unplugged for the night. Next day would not charge. Sometimes it will start charging on it's own, but usually have to turn on switch, charges for a minute or so then flashes red. Normal error codes 15 - Charger attached but not charging 45 - Kickstand switch disable 47 - MBB charger connected disable
But also misc codes occasionally, but not lately 6 - BMS Throttle enable wire error 44 - Kill switch disable 55 - Internal fault error
The kickstand switch showed error even with the kickstand in the up position, until I sprayed with WD-40 and worked it a few times, then seemed to work usually. Have ordered a new one. Pulled the batteries individually, used the bypass plug, no change. Cleaned all the connectors with contact cleaner, no change. tested all fuses OK - no change
How do you test the charger ( Green Watt Power 116V, 720W) ? Any guesses? Thank you for you time and efforts - Take care and stay healthy