From Unofficial Zero Manual
This is a reference for the tools needed to work on Zeros.
- Some or many of these may be worth carrying with you on your bike, especially if you ride off-road or take trips far from home.
- Fastener Torques
- See the owners' manuals, and the fastener specifications page.
- Add-on or aftermarket accessories (lights, windscreens, luggage, etc) may require additional tools.
|Philips #1 Screwdriver||PH1||Throttle assembly, turn signal lenses|
|Philips #2 Screwdriver||PH2||Handlebar control switches, front brake fluid reservoir, misc plastics|
|Flathead Screwdriver||Size 1||Suspension adjustments|
|Allen key||3mm (H3)||Body panels
|4mm (H4)||Headlight, footguards, horn bracket, brake line clamps, misc|
|5mm (H5)||Front axle pinch bolts, brake rotors, left mirror perch clamp|
|6mm (H6)|| Misc Structural
|7mm (H7)||Side stand, handlebars (2015+)|
||8mm||Brake lever perch clamps, brake caliper bleeders|
|10mm||Brake lever pivot bolt|
|13mm||Brake calipers, belt adjusters (open-end only)|
|14mm||Mirrors, brake line banjo bolts|
|Torx bit||T25||Front brake pad retainer pin (2013-2014)|
|T45||Seat bolts (stock 2015+)|
|Security Torx bit||T25||Throttle assembly (2014+?)|
| Hex socket
||15mm||Rear brake pedal pivot|
|27mm||Rear axle nut|
|41mm (42mm?)||Top triple clamp crown bolt|
|Castle nut||(see manual)||Top steering head bearing|
|Spoke wrench||Wheel spokes (2013-2014 DS or FX)|
|Belt tension gauge||Gates Krikit||Drive Belt|
|Tire Pressure Gauge||Rated for 20-50psi||Tires|
Here are some recommended spare parts to carry on your Zero or keep in your garage.
- Low voltage fuses (10 amp, 5 amp ATC style)
- High voltage fuses (ABC20A, ABC4A, ATM30 - see your official owners' manual)
- Spare Drive Belt (especially on pre-2017 models)
- Pre-ordering a belt can save replacement delivery delays when or if a belt snaps.
- Tire repair kit with the appropriate items to repair a tire (patch for tubes, plug for tubeless) and a pump or CO2 cartridge to refill the air.