Turn Signal Flasher
From Unofficial Zero Manual
Revision as of 02:31, 3 December 2019 by BrianTRice (extract from service manual)
The turn signal ("blinker") flasher is a simple three prong flasher relay.
- It's attached directly by a plug so is easily replaced if it fails (or for an LED compatible unit).
Flasher Unit 12V 2x10W PN: 8078 Made by Ecie Cheng Du
- Low Noise Revision
- As of 2016, the part is revised with the description "low noise".
- This suggests reduced electronic and/or audible noise.
- This model of flasher relay is noticeably quieter, and that year coincides with reports from Zero management of EU EMF noise compliance expenditures.
- The orientation is specific:
- Look at the pins with the middle L (load) pin on top.
- 2018+: The orientation should be E- (left), L (center), then B+ (right)
- Most off the shelf relays are oriented with E-, L, then B+, and should connect without modifications.
- 2013-2017: The left pin should be B1+ (battery positive) and the right should be E1- (battery negative, AKA "emitter").
- The common CF13 relay orientation is appropriate for MY 2018+
- The C14 relay orientation is appropriate for models through 2013-2017 per pacificcricket
- Reversing the wiring can be necessary to adapt a generic relay.
|2012||S/X||Under the seat below the fuse block.|
|2013+||X||Behind the right fairing|
|S||In front of the front plastics area under the frame "wishbone" with other electrical connections.|