Turn Signal Flasher
From Unofficial Zero Manual
Revision as of 10:26, 17 June 2021 by Michael
The turn signal ("blinker") flasher is a simple three prong flasher relay.
- It's attached directly by a plug so is easily replaced if it fails (or for an LED compatible unit).
Flasher Unit 12V 2x10W PN: 8078 Made by Ecie Cheng Du
GUILERA Flasher Unit 12V 10+10W+1,2W P.N. 013341
- Low Noise Revision
- As of 2016, the part is revised with the description "low noise".
- This suggests reduced electronic and/or audible noise.
- This model of flasher relay is noticeably quieter, and that year coincides with reports from Zero management of EU EMF/EMC noise compliance expenditures.
- 2019 discrepancy
- There is a report from a 2019S owner that CF14 wiring and a relay was present.
- No further information is known; please revise if you learn more.
- Silent Revision
- As of 2020?, the part is from the manufacturer Guilera and makes no audible noise.
- This again suggests reduced electronic noise, again likely as a result of EU EMF/EMC noise compliance expenditures.
- The orientation is specific. Reversing the (+) and (-) wiring may be necessary if you buy the wrong orientation of relay.
- Look at the pins with the middle L (center)(Load) pin on top.
- 2018+: The orientation should be B (+) (left), L (center), then E (-) (right)
- This orientation is know as a CF13 relay.
- CF13 Models include: ...
- 2013-2017: The orientation should be E (-) (left), L (center), then B (+) (right).
- This orientation is know as a CF14 relay per pacificcricket
- CF14 Models include: 2021 FX/FXS, ...
|2012||S/X||Under the seat below the fuse block.|
|2013+||X||Behind the right fairing|
|S||In front of the front plastics area under the frame "wishbone" with other electrical connections.|