From Unofficial Zero Manual
(Redirected from Gen2/Koso RX-1N)
The Koso RX-1N is a generic/whitelabel instrument gauge cluster.
- For years 2011-2013, Zero's models have a rebadged version as stock.
- Zero's RX-1N shows battery level in 11 increments.
- It's relatively effective to treat each increment as representing 9% of charge state, and do a little mental math to figure out that each increment could represent 6-12 miles (for say 2013), and work out the remaining range / speed tradeoff from that.
- go slower to get closer to 12 miles of range per increment
- go faster if you can afford to burn off the battery to reach your destination in time.
- The Koso instructions linked below show how to operate it.
- Speedometer Adjustment Quick How-To
- Turn on motorcycle.
- Press and hold the Select + Adjust buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds.
- Use the "adjust" button to increment the digit, and the "select" button to navigate to the next digit.
- The stock setting (for 2013) is 1972 28-132 2P.
- The previous setting (for 2012?) was 1972 25-128 2P.