From Unofficial Zero Manual
This describes removing the Sevcon controller.
|Warning:||This is a placeholder page|
- 13mm hex wrench
- Torque wrench
- Perform a lockout on the powertrain.
- Verify the controller is fully de-energized.
- Disconnect the AMPSeal 34-pin connector at the front/head of the controller to disable its operation.
- Remove the power terminal bolts with the 13mm hex wrench.
Warning: Perform this operation as gently as possible, since the bolts conduct full powertrain current and are torqued low-spec at 12ft-lbs.
- Immediately cover the cable leads in a strong insulative sleeve to ensure that nothing conductive contacts them.
- Consider arc-over risks beyond simple contact if the system were energized for any reason.
Warning: Safe cover specifications for these leads is not yet determined. Arc flash can be lethal or destructive to equipment.
- Unbolt the controller from the frame's tail horns.
- Unbolt the controller heatsink from the controller.