Lower Plastics Removal
From Unofficial Zero Manual
This removes the lower side panel plastics from 2012+ S platform models.
- 2014+ plastics are depicted.
- 3mm Allen key
- Steps (2014)+
- Use the 3mm Allen key to remove the three M5 bolts holding each side panel: one at the top front corner, and one at each corner near the lower edge.
- Remove each side panel.
- Use the 3mm Allen key to remove the 2 bolts on each side holding the front panel on and remove it.
- (Optional) Use the 3mm Allen key to remove the 2 M5 bolts on each side (4 total) to remove the front plastics covering the battery.
- Steps (2012-2013)
- Use the 3mm Allen wrench to remove the three M5 bolts holding each side panel.
- (Optional) Use the ball-point pen or similar non-scratching pointed tool to push the center pin to release the plastic rivets on the front panel and remove it.
- Adapted from this forum post.