SDS Platform/Lower Plastics
From Unofficial Zero Manual
Lower plastics for the SDS Platform involve two side pieces to direct air towards the motor, and one in front to cover the battery.
- There is some provision for guarding the battery compartment against an impact from the front wheel in the case of a collision.
- Relatively angular and have their own bolt mount pattern.
- Lower plastics have a sculpted re-design to deliver more airflow to the motor for cooling.
- Single longbrick models (ZF6.5 and ZF7.2) have lower plastics with a latch and swinging hinge to access the storage area behind the half-size battery compartment.
- See Lower Plastics Removal