SDS Platform/Lower Plastics Removal
From Unofficial Zero Manual
This removes the lower side panel plastics from 2012+ S platform models.
- 3mm Allen key
- (2012-2013) Ball-point pen or similar for plastic push rivets.
- (2019+) PH2 phillips head screwdriver for the front panel.
- Use the 3mm Allen key to remove the three M5 bolts holding each side panel: one at the top front corner, and one at each corner near the lower edge.
- Remove each side panel.
- (Optional) Remove the 2 bolts on each side holding the front panel on and remove it.
- 2012-2013: Use the ball-point pen or similar non-scratching pointed tool to push the center pin to release the plastic rivets on the front panel and remove it.
- 2013-2018: Use the 3mm Allen key
- 2019+: Use the PH2 Phillips head screwdriver to gently remove the plastic screws from the pop rivet, then pull the pop rivet out from the side slot.
- Adapted from this forum post.