From Unofficial Zero Manual
The S Platform seat is a proprietary design and fitment.
- Seat retaining features
- A metal bracket with holes for retaining bolts that mount through the frame from the outside.
- The bracket also serves to align the seat horizontally since the outer sides of the bracket must slide directly along the inside track of the frame.
- The bracket's part number is 20-0508307 and when separately ordered has been observed to have slotted holes to join to the seat for some adjustability.
- In front and center, a pair of catches engages the frame's Y-shaped centerpiece under a pair of pins.
- In front on the lowest outside edge, a pair of tabs point downwards that should slide inside the frame rails.
- Without some care, these easily wind up outside the frame, flexing the seat pan and scuffing the frame lightly with plastic debris.
- Under The Seat
- The large controller dominates the space underneath the seat, on the lowest part of the tail structure.
- There's no room around the controller for anything but its cabling and a conduit for tail lighting.
- In front, the 12V fuse block is the main item to access.
- There are cables between the battery and the controller; the MBB and DC-DC converter are beneath these cables.
- Behind the controller is the tail wiring area which has a little room for a tire patch kit or some tools.
- Of course, storing tools for removing the seat there is counter-productive.
- Seat Bolts
- M8 with 1.25mm thread, 50mm long with a round end for aligning the seat bracket with the frame.
- With the top rack installed, the diameter of the hole around the head is slightly under 15mm, with a maximum offset of about 12mm.
- Seat Bracket Bolts to Seat Pan