SDS Platform/Seat Install
From Unofficial Zero Manual
- 2015+: T45 Torx wrench (for seat bolts).
- 2013-2014 (with top or side racks): 5mm Allen key (for seat bolts).
- When luggage racks are installed Remove the top case and/or side cases to ensure the rack is unloaded.
- Place the seat on the tail slightly to the rear of where it will sit.
- Ensure that the pan's horn-shaped catches will slip under the frame's Y-shaped centerpiece pins.
- Push the seat forward and down to sit in place.
- Visually align the holes of the seat bracket with the seat bolt holes.
- Align the seat's bracket with the frame holes to avoid wear.
- Align the seat's tabs between the frame rails to avoid stressing the seat pan and marring the frame.
- If the top rack is installed, too, check the alignment of that as well to avoid wear trying to thread the bolts.
- Insert the seat bolts, gently engaging while checking for cross-threading.
- Check for alignment again while the bolt head encounters the seat bracket.
- Press down and forward on the seat as needed to help align and tighten the bolts.
- Tighten the bolt head against the frame surface to hold it in place but do not over-tighten.
- When luggage racks are installed Re-install the top case and/or side cases.