SDS Platform/Seat Removal
From Unofficial Zero Manual
- Unload any luggage racks before taking the seat off for an extended period of time to avoid stressing the racks.
- When luggage racks are installed, the seat bolts are load bearing (or at least damping).
- An M8-1.25×55mm socket cap bolt with a 6mm Allen head can be used if the kit bolt is lost.
- 2015+: T45 Torx wrench (for seat bolts).
- 2013-2014 (with top or side racks): 5mm Allen key (for seat bolts).
- When luggage racks are installed Remove the top case and/or side cases to ensure the rack is unloaded.
- Remove the M8-1.25×55 seat bolts.
- Push the seat down and forward as needed to help ease out the bolts.
- Pull the seat back a couple of inches and then upwards.