Y-Shaped Underseat Frame Removal
From Unofficial Zero Manual
This removes the Y-Shaped Underseat Frame.
- 10mm hex socket wrench with at least 20mm of depth.
- 5mm Allen key.
- Remove the seat.
- Use the 10mm socket wrench to loosen the locknuts anchoring the forward end of the washers.
- Use the 5mm Allen key to loosen the bolts at each of the rear ends of the frame piece.
- Remove the locknuts and the bolts in a coordinated pattern to avoid putting it under asymmetrical loading.
- Take care not to lose the washers in the frame piece or in the bike's cabling areas underneath as each bolt and nut comes off.
- Ensure the underlying cabling is placed in its original orientation to avoid strain.
- Press the frame piece's fastener holes onto the corresponding threaded bolts on the frame arch over the rear of the battery.
- Align the rear ends of the frame piece with the corresponding frame holes, and thread the bolts with washers gently into position (without tightening) to secure the frame piece.
- Thread (without tightening) the front locknuts with washers onto the forward bolts.
- Tighten the two forward nuts and rear bolts in a coordinated pattern to settle the frame piece into the right load-bearing orientation.
- Take care while tightening not to strain any cables or wiring underneath the frame piece.