From Unofficial Zero Manual
This is the most unrecommendable thing to do for a Zero owner who is not an experienced electrical engineer.
- The battery warranty will be completely forfeit, its watertightness will be compromised, and there is likely little a non-expert can do to improve the design.
- And you could be killed.
- Official Replacement Support
- For older Zeros whose battery warrantee has expired, contact a dealer or Zero's corporate technical support line to see what they can support.
- Zero has in the past offered reasonable trade-in value for older motorcycles which are difficult to support and rare.
- Pack upgrades have been performed years after a model is released, under the battery warranty, when the pack is proven to be defective.
- It remains to be seen whether a recycling trade-in will be offered.
- See Also