FST Platform/12V Battery
From Unofficial Zero Manual
Gen3 models like the SR/F include a 12V backup battery with Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFeO4) chemistry.
- There is a small heater for this battery which engages when the bike is stored at below freezing temperatures and is keyed on.
- The battery is charged via the 12V bus supplied by the DC-DC 12V Converter while keyed on.
- Reportedly, while keyed off, the DC-DC 12V Converter is engaged periodically to maintain the battery charge.
- This makes working on the bike require extra lockout steps for safety. Reportedly, the externally accessible B+ and B- fuses are recommended to be removed.
- Under the rider's seat section.