Gen2/Always-On Accessory Power Supply
From Unofficial Zero Manual
- The Gen2 platform models power the 12V system from a DC-DC 12V Converter that is only enabled on key-on via signaling from the MBB.
- Some 12V accessories for security and other purposes benefit from an uninterrupted power supply.
- An embedded system Arduino etc.
- implement keyless unlocking
- antilock devices
- bike locators
- Always-On 12V Power Supply
- Burton's howto with a video and disclaimer
- Always-On 5V Power Supply
- Two lines to the DC-DC converter are always on at main battery voltage (see the SDS platform wiring diagram).
- Doctorbass observed in the above thread that many USB charging adapters can run on DC as easily as AC.
- It may be risky to try this.