Gen2/Charger Power Cord
From Unofficial Zero Manual
- Charger Power Cord
- The charging cord is a 10-ft 14AWG cord with a NEMA 5-15P (US) to IEC320 C13 output plug rated for 15A.
- Zero specifies that any extension cord be at least the above specification, and 15A continuous rating is important to look for.
- The S-Platform onboard charger draws 11-12A at 120V AC (and half the amps at ~220V).
- The X-Platform onboard charger draws 7A at 120V AC (and half the amps at ~220V).
- When in doubt, prefer a thicker gauge cord, a shorter length, and a sturdier plug.
- Do not let a charge cord sit coiled up, particularly in a container; make sure that any heat produced is not confined near the cord for any reason.
- Plugging into a 220V outlet will reduce the current to the onboard charger by half, so is one way to drastically minimize risk to any cords.
- See Spare Onboard Charger Power Cables