Gen2/Rear Axle Removal
From Unofficial Zero Manual
- 27mm socket
- Breaker bar
- Place the motorcycle on a lift or rear stand
- Raise just enough that the rear wheel spins freely.
- Mark/photograph where the alignment marks reside on each side of the axle for re-alignment when re-installing the wheel.
- On the right side, loosen the rear axle nut (27mm) with the breaker bar.
- Remove the rear axle nut.
- Pull the axle part-way out so that the wheel can be moved forward enough to loosen the belt.
- Pull the belt off of the rear sprocket.
- Let it hang outside of the swingarm slightly to avoid interfering with the wheel.
- From the left side, pull the axle through the wheel.