Loss of Power to Motor
From Unofficial Zero Manual
The onboard systems may cut off power to the motor and/or controller as a protective function if a fault is detected (whether real or misguided).
- Related Confirming Symptoms
- On the dash, the green Driving Enabled light is off.
- If it is blinking or off, the contactor is open.
- Check the dash for Error Codes:
- Potential Causes
- Moisture on the Accessory Charging Port signal pins.
- A problem with the controller per the isolation fault guide.
- Mostly, check the Accessory Charging Port while on the road.
- Confirm that the rubber boot/cover on the accessory charging port is in-place.
- The accessory charging port comes with a rubber boot/cover.
- This circuit is low voltage so not dangerous, but loss of power while riding can be dangerous.
- If the motorcycle cuts out in the rain or shortly after, check whether the connector is covered properly and try to dry it out.
- Pull off the boot and shake it free of moisture while the bike is keyed off.
- Leave the Accessory Charging Port boot cover in place when not in use.
- If the motorcycle exhibits cutouts in the rain, apply dielectric grease to vulnerable connections.
- This hopefully reduces the chance of shorting or the appearance of a short.