OEM Rain Guard Install
From Unofficial Zero Manual
This installs the OEM Rain Guard on an S-platform Zero model.
- Video Walkthrough
- How to install the Zero rain guard on your motorcycle by "Dump the Pump" on YouTube:
- Difficulty and Time Estimate
- Easy / less than 1 hour.
- Parts and tools
- Rain guard kit
- Optional washers
- License plate bolts long enough to add the rain guard
- Phillips head (PH1) screw driver (not a bit driver), wrenches or screw driver for the license plate hardware.
- Remove the license plate.
- Peel off the red reflector above the license plate.
- Back out, clean, and save the three screws under the reflector to remove the reflector bracket.
- Put the rain guard in place with the wide tabs lined up with the top holes of the license plate frame.
- Locate two recessed Phillips head screws under the tail that are in line with the narrow-spaced holes at the front of the rain guard and remove.
- Make sure the wires feeding the turn signals are in the forward notch on the rain guard.
- Put the white spacers in the kit into the recessed tail holes and secure the front of the rain guard using the supplied long screws.
- Optionally add washers to the underside of the rain guard before inserting the screws.
- Attach the new reflector bracket and apply the new reflectors.
- Attach the two wide tabs to the back of the license plate support using the license plate bolts while reinstalling the plate.