From Unofficial Zero Manual
- Bolted onto the underside of frame under the battery pack.
- Protected by a metal belly pan on the DS/DSR/FX and very hard ABS plastic on the S/SR/FXS.
- SDS Platform - Located on the left side of the frame above the footpeg with a rubber boot attached.
- XMX Platform - Located in the front below the right "batwing".
- The inlet is an IEC 60320 C14 inlet for a cord ending in a C13.
- The bike comes with a tethered C13-shaped rubber dust cover for the inlet, P/N 45-04864.
- It protects the inlet from dirt which would create resistance and heat in power connections, eventually damaging the inlet and/or the onboard charger.
- Press the dust cover in firmly after unplugging the cord to minimize wear on the inlet and charger.
- It's very cheap to replace but seems proprietary so far.
- Charger electrical connections face the rear towards the motor; cables run upward.
- The onboard charger for Zero motorcycles is rated to use 100V to 240V AC but is limited in capacity to the 110V power rating, so operates at half current at 220V.
- Efficiency should be a little bit higher at higher voltages because of the reduction in current.
|S and X||2009-2012||DeltaQ||1||QuiQ 1000||1000W||8A||4A||8A||10.9” ⨉ 9.7” ⨉ 4.3”||IP66|
|SDS||2013||Mean Well||2s2p||HLG320H-54A @320W (via Mouser)||1300W||11A||7A||11A||8.87” ⨉ 14.17” ⨉ 1.724” (4 in a row)||IP65|
|2014-2017||GreenWattPower (Calex subsidiary)||1||EVC-116-1200||14.76” ⨉ 9.76” ⨉ 1.73”|
|XMX||2013-2014||Mean Well||2s1p||HLG320H-54A @320W (via Mouser)||650W||5A||3A||5A||8.866” ⨉ 3.543” ⨉ 1.724” ea|
|2015-2017||GreenWattPower (Calex subsidiary)||1||EVC-116-720||720W||12.20” ⨉ 7.08” ⨉ 2.0”|