SDS Platform/Headlamp Bulb Replacement
From Unofficial Zero Manual
This replaces the SDS Platform Headlamp bulb when it goes out or when upgrading.
- Video guide
- Suggestion: Unbolt the headlamp assembly (with 3mm and 4mm allen wrenches) from the metal brackets to get enough room to work.
- ...unless you have very small hands and move the existing cabling out of the way.
- Detach the existing bulb's cable at the plug.
- Pull the rubber cover away from the headlamp.
- Twist the retaining bracket to release the bulb.
- NOTE: Avoid touching the bulb; oil and dirt from your fingers can cause the bulb's surface to heat up while operating and could age the bulb prematurely. Keep the bulb clean.
- Place the retaining bracket and rubber cover around the new bulb and press and rotate to fix it in place.
- NOTE: For a 2013-2014 model, the plastic retaining bracket might require some filing to fit another bulb with its assembly to hold it in and lock properly. Later models have an easier shape to fit.
- When replacing the headlamp, check the light pattern emitted and adjust the set screw in the headlamp housing to get a suitable projection angle.