Tire Pressure Check
From Unofficial Zero Manual
Maintain minimum pressure per the official manual.
- General guidelines
- Higher tire pressures help stability and reduce rolling resistance with a passenger or a lot of luggage, but lower pressures help on rougher/gravel surfaces.
- Excessive tire pressure can make the tire too sensitive to sharp debris or potholes, and increases the risk of a puncture.
- 45psi is where this definitely becomes a concern; modulate depending on your riding, and definitely use much lower pressures for offroading.
- Official recommendations are for cold tires, which means when they haven't been ridden in a few hours.
- As tires warm up from riding, pressure increases due to the interior air heating from friction and mechanical work on the tire by the road against the wheel.