From Unofficial Zero Manual
This adapts third-party handlebars to replace Zero's Handlebar.
- Check the Handlebar article for fitment; the center and outer diameters are main critical dimension.
- The stock handlebar has 3 holes to index the switches and throttle. You can grind the pins off, or drill the new bars to accept the pins.
- TT25 tamper resistant Torx bit and socket wrench.
- Center punch.
- Remove the throttle and switchgear.
- The most difficult thing is that the throttle is held on by 2 TT25 tamper resistant torx bolts.
- This is just a torx with a pin in the center.
- Also the throttle has a return spring that is a little tricky to reinstall.
- Try to loosen the screws just enough to let the pin clear the bar and slide off.
- If it does come apart I believe there’s instructions on here about reassembling it.
- Remove the handlebar.
- Loosen the bolts for the risers evenly and then remove the risers and then the handlebar.
- Drill 3 holes onto the aftermarket bars to index the throttle and switchgear.
- These were measured from one bike (2015FX) - verify and correct for your own as appropriate.
- To determine the angle of the holes, set the bars next to each other and look at the angle of each hole.
- Center punch and drill.
- 1 on the left for the switchgear 3/16”, 6.5” from the end of the bar.
- 1 on the right inner for the throttle 3/16”, 7 3/16” from the bar end.
- 1 more on the right outer for the switches 5/32”, 6” from the bar end.
- Install the aftermarket handlebar.
- Fasten the risers over the handlebar to hold it and check the angle.