From Unofficial Zero Manual
- M8 Allen socket
- Torque wrench
- Perform a lockout on the powertrain.
- Remove the swingarm.
- First you have to remove the swing-arm (that is pretty straight forward) some big bolts in the pivot and disconnet the shock.
- You can leave the brake lines attached and just move the swingarm out of the way when the motor needs to come out.
- Unplug the sensor connector near the front of the contoller on the riders right side of the bike.
- Un-bolt the 3 phase leads to the motor controller.
- It's a good idea to insulate them just in case the bike is powered on.
- Disconnect the motor from the bike.
- On the motor there are 8 M8 bolts holding the motor in place: 4 on the drive side, 4 on the rear side.
- Those bolts only have about 12Nm of torque on them.
- Once you have the motor disconnected and un-bolted from the frame, it should slide out towards the back.