Gen2/System Warning Sequences
From Unofficial Zero Manual
This is a quick lookup for the red sequences flashed by the dash System Warning Indicator (a red triangle with an exclamation mark within it).
- These are derived from the Official Owners Manual only for roadside reference and owner community annotations and links.
- The red indicator light in the lower part of the display sometimes will flash a repeating sequence.
- The Official Owners Manual lists what they mean, usually related to system startup.
- Often enough, keying the bike off and on is the way to re-test.
- System Warning Troubleshooting
- Toggle the Instrument Cluster's Display A to show Error Codes.
- Check the corresponding Error Codes
- Some will be expected like kickstand down based on your context.
- Focus on topical system errors related to the System Warning.
- Attempt a basic reboot:
- Charging: disconnect the external power source from the vehicle.
- Key the bike off.
- Wait several seconds or a minute in length depending on severity of the error.
- Key the bike on, checking for a normal startup sequence, contactors closing, and no errors.
- If the System Warning persists, and it is related to the BMS, perform a BMS Reset Procedure (soft and then hard reset).
- If the System Warning persists, attempt to extract MBB logs.
- Urgent/Roadside: Email logs to yourself, then decode using a log parser.
- Non-Urgent or Important: Email logs to Zero.
- If no clear resolution is at hand, contact Zero and/or your local dealer to schedule servicing.
|1||············||Fast constantly||Safety Override is Active|
|· · · · · · · ·||Fast intermittently||BMS Isolation Fault|| Check the BMS Isolation Fault section of the manual
| — = 1 long
||Charger Not Charging|| Probably a CAN Error
|—||1 long||Cutout switch engaged or Kickstand Switch Disabled||Disengage the cutout switch and/or raise the kickstand.|
|2||··||2 short||Self-test failed|
|3||· ···||1 short, then 3 short||High Throttle Disable||The throttle signal is abnormally high or disconnected.|
|4||· ····||1 short, then 4 short||Precharge Fail||See Error Code 27.|
|5||· ·····||1 short, then 5 short||Low Power Pack Disable|| See Error Code 7: Battery voltage is too low to operate
|6||·· ·||2 short, then 1 short||Contactor Error||See Error Codes related to the Contactor.|
|7||·· ··||2 short, then 2 short||Charger Error||See Error Codes related to the Charger.|
|8||·· ···||2 short, then 3 short||CAN Error|
|9||·· ····||2 short, then 4 short||BMS Throttle Disable||See Error Codes related to the Throttle.|
|10||·· ·····||2 short, then 5 short||Module Variance Too High||See Error Code 32|
|11||··· ···||3 short, then 3 short||Battery Temperature Sensor Fault|| See Error Code 18: A temperature sensor failure reduces safety; arrange a dealer visit.
|12||···· ·||4 short, then 1 short||Contactor Welded||See Error Code 26|
|13||···· ···||4 short, then 3 short||Motor Controller Error||See Error Codes related to the Controller.|
|14||···· ····||4 short, then 4 short||Loopback Error|| See Error Code 35
|15||····· ·||5 short, then 1 short||BMS Startup Error|
|16||····· ··||5 short, then 2 short||BMS Internal Disable|
|17||····· ···||5 short, then 3 short||BMS Internal Fault|
|18||····· ·····||5 short, then 5 short||Miscellaneous Error|