SDS Platform/Tail Extension Removal
From Unofficial Zero Manual
- The tail extension bolts into the tail subframe using a pattern of 4 M5×15 bolts with washers.
- The bolts fasten upwards into the tail subframe.
- 4mm (H4) Allen key wrench.
- Remove the seat.
- Disconnect tail turn signal wires.
- Use the 4mm Allen key wrench to loosen the bolts.
- Suspend the tail extension as you remove each bolt to avoid it just falling haphazardly.
When re-attaching, take care to insert the tail turn signal wires upwards through the holes into the tail area.
- Also mind how the rear mounting bolts tighten so as not to pinch these wires.