Category:High Voltage Procedure
From Unofficial Zero Manual
These pages cover any procedure that involves the Zero powertrain or risks electrical safety or significant electrical damage.
|Warning:||Every procedure described here should be treated as a High voltage situation!|
- Powertrain Concerns
- Although Zero's electric powertrain generally operates at or under 116V DC, there are significant risks in handling and manipulating subsystem components.
- Zero's powertrain handles hundreds of amps of current and subsystems have capacitive elements which retain energy after keying the vehicle off.
- Any handling of terminals or connections should be approached with extreme caution and under the advisement of a professional.
- Any modification to the core powertrain risks grave harm or injury to the technician and the rider.
- Any mistake made while de-energized may not manifest until operating the vehicle in safety-critical circumstances.
|Disclaimer:||If you are not prepared to void your warranty, do not attempt anything listed here.|
- Any result of undertaking advice written in these procedures is your responsibility.