From Unofficial Zero Manual
The front fender covers the front wheel and acts as a mudguard against the front electrics and the front panel of the battery casing.
- The S/SR front fender is a sporty low fender colored or painted panel like the tank plastics that hugs the tire.
- The DS/DSR/FX/FXS front fender is an ABS plastic dual sport high fender.
The S and SR models have a low front fender.
- The low front fender is a colored or painted panel like the tank plastics that hugs the (17") front tire.
- The low front fender bolts onto the lower front fork cast aluminum bracketing.
- The mounting uses 4 (2 per side) M5x15 bolts with a black finish, with a 3mm Allen/hex key (H3) drive with black plastic washers.
- The holes are 85mm apart (centerline-to-centerline), and the width across the brackets measured from the outside face is 192mm across the wheel (taken from a 2020 DSR).
- Transfer to other models
- It bolts directly onto the FXS' lower forks around its tire even though the FXS comes with a dual sport fender.
- See Low Front Fender Swap for how to adapt this to the DS and DSR models.
The DS, DSR, and FXS models have a dual sport / high front fender.
- The dual sport fender attaches to the underside of the front fork triple tree.
- 4 holes in a rectangular shape 58mm (2.3in) wide and 50mm (1.95in) front to back (center to center).
- The bolts are (at least through 2016) M5x15mm button head socket screw for a 3mm Allen key.
- The bolts on 2017?-present models are M5x15mm flanged socket head screws for a T25 Torx key.
- This fender also fits a S/SR model.
- A Honda or Yamaha dual sport fender should fit this pattern without modification.